To Our Valued Guests:
As we all continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely, we wanted to share our deepest concern and commitment towards the health and well-being of our guests, employees and local community. Besides our high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, we have added additional procedures and protocols to ensure that we may continue to serve you in the safest ways possible. All employees have been trained in these protocols and we continue to follow, and update, based on the guidelines set by the CDC, WHO, local governments, the medical community and public health agencies.
- Regularly disinfecting all-high touch areas, including workstations, phones, mouse & keyboards, product displays, testers, door handles & light switches. Increased the use of Disinfectants (which we have always used in treatment rooms) spa-wide which have bactericidal, virucidal, and fungicidal activity, are non-toxic and are approved by the EPA for the use against the Human Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Disinfecting rooms between client services and including front desk checkouts.
- Multiple daily cleanings and sanitation of all restrooms, including toilets, showers, sinks, counters, and stools.
- Increasing hand sanitizer stations for all employees and guests where soap & water is not available.
- All testers are dispensed with disposable applicators and sanitized after each use.
- Following guidelines from the CAMTC (California Massage Association) which includes washing hands & arms up to the elbows between clients.
- Following State Board of Cosmetology standards for sanitation for Esthetic Services.
- As an above & beyond measure, we have always double sterilized our implements and hot towels in UV germicidal lamp cabinets which kill viruses (including corona viruses), bacteria, mold and fungal spores. All other tools used are new and disposable.
- Waxing has always been performed with new wax applicators. We never double dip wax applicators.
- The use of face masks and vinyl or nitrile gloves where necessary and permitted.
- We request that our guests wash their hands prior to having services. Soap & disposable towels are provided in each treatment room.
- Ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy or stay home if they feel unwell. Employees who are not feeling well have always been asked to stay home and are not allowed to come to work.
- If you are not feeling well, we encourage you to reschedule your appointment.
We will continue to navigate these unprecedented circumstances with mindfulness, care and with the utmost thought for safety for all concerned.
We thank you for your support, trust and patronage.
HOW TO SPA
If you are a new client, please arrive at least 5-10 minutes before your appointment to fill out our new client form.
Alternatively, you may fill out intake forms through our on-line booking portal.
We strive to provide a serene and relaxing environment for our guests so we ask all to be mindful of voice levels. Please silence all cell phones and refrain from talking on your phone in the treatment area.
Our talented, experienced, and certified therapists offer a variety of therapeutic techniques that may include: Swedish, Esalen, Deep Tissue, Shiatsu, Acupressure, Reflexology, Neuromuscular, Cranio-sacral, Sports, Polarity and more. Please refer to our Therapist Bios or check with our front desk if you have questions about their techniques.
Please inform your therapist of any injuries, surgeries or medical conditions to avoid any
contra-indications so the therapist may modify their services to suit your needs. Please have permission from your doctor to receive Massage if you are pregnant or if you’ve undergone a recent surgery. If you have any other medical concerns about whether or not to receive a massage, please check with your doctor before scheduling an appointment
Please avoid visiting the spa when you have symptoms of a communicable disease, infection or virus, including but not limited to: fever, sore throat or cough, runny nose, nausea or vomiting, Poison Oak/Ivy, warts, shingles or hives or other contagious skin conditions.
Our therapists use modest draping techniques to ensure your comfort is always maintained. The client is always kept warm. Undress to your comfort level.
Please inform your therapist at any time during your treatment if you need modifications that will make your treatment more comfortable and enjoyable, relating to pressure, heat, music, etc.
Facials and waxing:
Peels and Microdermabrasion treatments: Refrain from Retinoid products (prescription or over-the-counter) for at least 1 week before your service. Please advise your esthetician of any medications or topical products you are using to avoid
contra-indications. Your esthetician can modify or advise on the appropriate treatments for your skin conditions.
Men: It is advised you refrain from shaving the day of your facial. The day before is preferred to
lessen sensitivity to the active ingredients we use in our facials.
Accutane: We cannot perform waxing or stronger facial treatments on current Accutane users.
Please consult with your esthetician for the most appropriate facial and timing for waxing
Cold sores: We cannot perform facial treatments if an active cold sore is present. Cold sores are viral and unfortunately can be spread to the nose and/or eyes.
Select services may be scheduled for guests 14-18 when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please check with our front desk for scheduling teens.
The California State Board of Cosmetology and the Board of Consumer Affairs have specific rules and regulations stating that no animals, other than registered service animals are allowed in the spa at any time. This does not accommodate for emotional support animals at this time.
Near the business, most parking along Solano Avenue and side streets is free. There is 2 hour
metered parking in front of the business.
CANCELLATION + LATE POLICIES
A credit card is required to schedule services at Sundhari. To avoid being charged the service price, cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. The full service(s) cost will be charged for any late cancellation or no-show appointments.
Should you arrive late to your appointment, your service will be modified to maximize your remaining service time without compromising the next appointment. If your service is shorter due to your late arrival, you will still be charged the full price of the service.
We appreciate your respect of our cancellation and late policies.
Please check with the front desk at checkout if you have questions regarding any returns for items.
Samples are always available if you would like to try a product before purchasing. We can honor returns for adverse reactions and defectiveness within 30 days of purchase.
1605 Solano Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94707